A light-as-air chiffon cake flavored with honey, coffee and spices. Perfect as an elegant ending to a meal or a treat during coffee or tea time. Here's an easy dessert recipe for Spiced Coffee-Honey Cake.
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
2/3 cup brewed strong hot coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely ground walnuts
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Use hot coffee to dissolve instant coffee granules. Add baking soda and set aside.
- Beat egg whites, adding cream of tartar while beating, until stiff.
- Combine coffee mixture with all ingredients except egg whites and mix until batter is smooth. Carefully fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into ungreased angel food cake pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or cake springs back when lightly touched on top. Do not overbake.
- Cool thoroughly before removing cake from pan.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
- Store leftover Spiced Coffee-Honey Cake in an air-tight container and refrigerate.