An easy and egg-free version of the popular Italian dessert. A bit of creamy Irish cream whiskey makes it more appealing. Simply leave out the alcohol for a wholesome dessert. Here is a quick and easy dessert recipe for Tiramisu.
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 225g marscarpone cheese
- 4 tbsp Irish cream whiskey, such as Baileys (optional)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 sponge finger biscuits, each broken into three pieces
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, to serve
- In a shallow bowl, mix the coffee with 1/2 cup water until dissolved. Then, stir in the Marsala wine and set aside.
- Put the chocolate chips in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, Irish cream and icing sugar and beat using an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- In another bowl, whip the cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Then, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the sponge finger biscuits in the coffee mixture and arrange them on the bottom of four glasses or dessert bowls.
- Spoon half of the chopped chocolate, then half of the mascarpone mixture, over the biscuits.
- Repeat procedure 6 to create another layer. Chill and dust cocoa powder before serving. Serves 4.