1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
3 unflavored gelatin sheets or leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 fresh mango, peeled and cubed
mango slices for garnish
- Pour the cream and milk into a heavy saucepan. Add the gelatin sheets.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Do not boil. Add sugar and honey and continue to stir until the sugar has melted.
- Just before cream and milk come to a boil, remove the pan from the heat. Pour the mixture through a strainer into a bowl to remove foam and to ensure a velvety consistency.
- Let cooked cream cool down and add cubed mangoes. Ladle into dessert glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Top the individual glasses with mango slices as garnish just before serving.