Egg tarts, otherwise known as egg custard tart, is a bite-sized custard treat baked in a pastry crust. These sweet tarts are very popular in Hong Kong and other Asian countries. Here is an easy dessert recipe for Egg Tarts:
2 cups all purpose flour
70g icing sugar
1/2 of an egg
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup water
2 1/2 eggs
1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (392°f).
- Knead all the ingredients until you have a firm dough. Chill for 20minutes.
- Boil sugar and water for 5-6min. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, take the chilled dough from the fridge and press it into the tart mold. Bake the dough for 5-10 minutes and set aside to cool down.
- When the sugar syrup has completely cooled down, stir in the milk and eggs. Strain the mixture using a fine sieve to get rid of lumps and ensure that the filling has smooth and silky texture.
- Pour the filling into the pastry. Bake for 20-60minutes.