Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry is a guaranteed easy dessert! You don't even need a recipe to whip up a platter of this simple but yummy dessert. It's a perfect ending to a romantic dinner, using two ingredients that are considered aphrodisiacs: chocolate and strawberries.
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 pound large strawberries (about 20), washed and dried well
1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios (optional)
- Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat. Place on baking sheet and set aside.
- For variety and added crunch, you can sprinkle the chocolate-covered portion with pistachios.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Do not chill strawberries in the refrigerator for more than 1 hour to avoid condensation drops from collecting on the chocolate.