These Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are very moist and delicious. They are perfect for breakfast or as snacks any time of the day. They are also a bit healthier than your usual dessert bars. And best of all, these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are very easy to prepare!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick cooking
1 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 10×15-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the oats, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring into a rack to cool completely.
- Slice bars into rectangles before serving. This recipe makes 25 bars. Store leftover Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars in an air-tight container.