A staple in Chinese restaurants, this dessert is light and refreshing. It is also very easy to prepare, using ingredients the are readily available in the kitchen cupboard. Fresh fruits in season can also be added to this salad. Here is an easy dessert recipe for Almond Jelly with Fruits.
3 x 11.7 grams packets of powdered gelatin
1 cup hot water
1 cup water
2 cups milk
3/4 cup caster sugar (superfine)
2 tsp almond essence
1 can of mixed fruit cocktail in syrup
- Empty packets of powdered gelatin into a bowl of 1 cup hot water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup water and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in milk, almond essence, and sugar. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a wide container or glass baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the gelatine into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a big bowl, pour the fruit cocktail with the syrup and gently mix in the jelly cubes. Chill and serve in bowls.
Note: Fresh fruits like mango, lychee, honeydew, melon and kiwi can also be added.